Monday, March 3, 2008

New Spring Colors: Lips, Cheeks, and Eyes

The end of winter is in sight. I hope you are as happy about this as I am!

Nothing lifts the spirits like planning a new
cosmetic color palette, highlighting the perfectly prepped skin I have worked on all winter. All of those days spent experimenting with facials, peels, and creams have paid off and it is almost time to show off!

I start building my spring
make up "to do" list mid February, which means I start trying mineral make up samples almost daily. Using compatible shades means I can save buying separate colors for each zone of my face.

New eyeliner colors


I have been known to stick with blacks and browns in my eyeliner drawer but found a wonderful deep green that enhances the eyes while bringing out those lower lashes where mascara runs amok. Since my eyelashes are black, the green allows them to show up without creating a ghastly pale line beneath.

Try pairing pencil colors to define, creating depth with subtle highlights.

I took Pencil Me In - Natural Eyeliner for a test drive and am thoroughly impressed with the staying power. Be sure to look at all of the colors...there's no reason to think this pencil can't be used for other special effects. Picture yourself on a warm, late spring evening grabbing the attention of an admirer with those Marilyn Monroe like eye lids. A little pink above the darker line right at the edge of the lid will cast that perfect glamour. No worries about the ingredients as they are all natural. It even has its own sharpener attached!


Versatile loose mineral powders.

Give me a jar of the right mica or oxide and I can make it work almost anywhere on my body, but right now I need to focus on the lips and cheeks. Not the hollows of the cheeks, but the cheekbones themselves. I want a hint of highlight there, very sheer, that works as the echo to of the deeper, almost opaque lip color. A smoldering kiss that glows at the cheek. Blended with a matte powder, it will carry an etheric but sultry glow just under the brow.



I found Paradise Sand Mica works for cheeks and lips!

A violet shadow might be the perfect highlight for afternoon gatherings, dusted with something that sparkles, for evening. I happen to love Rose Sparks Shadow and Hi Light Violet Shadow. They are light enough to stay in place and to layer without creating that caked on look, with Rose Sparks bearing flecks of glittery minerals guaranteed to catch moonlight.



Simplicity = Perfection

I have a feeling that beauty and fashion gurus are cooking up "new" looks that are striking but simple. Using the same colors for lips and cheeks, while adjusting their depth, will make eyes stand out.

Have your new look ready to go when spring settles in....start here!

No comments: